In 1896 Karl Geppert (1867-1918) acquired the real estate of today´s principal office at the Breitweg in Hall. The river Amtsbach has been used for energy generation since then. It was the time to start up the turbine production and the establishment of the Geppert factory for water turbines.
His son, Josef Geppert (1905-1994) ran the company first together with his brothers and then alone. He developed an oilhydraulic turbine governor, which is now proved for decades and still being employed.
Wilfried Geppert (born 1945) ran the enterprise since 1973 as managing director. Already since 1982 he has employed PLCs for the automation of existing and new plants. In 2001 Wilfried Geppert incorportated his individual enterprise into his new established Geppert GmbH.
His son Guntram Geppert (born 1969) runs the family-owned enterprise from 2001 till 2007 together with his father. Since end 2007 Guntram Geppert is sole managing director of the enterprise by trade and commercial law. Geppert sees his company as family-run enterprise and admits to the production at the facilities at Hall in Tirol.